CALL FOR JOURNALISTS CONTEST
May 2021- The Networking and advocacy for green economy (NAGE) project announces a Call for a contest for independent media and journalists to research and promote the best green economy or environmentally safe rural business practices.
The journalist’s story should focus on the concept of the green economy and promote a successful example of green business practices. The project motivates and encourages journalists or the media to compete with new, unpublished research stories in the field of the green economy only in written form, supported by relevant photographs/illustrations.
Within this Call, no audio and video stories should be prepared nor shall be accepted.
The individual author/media producing the journalist story undertakes to publish the awarded story in its own or other media. The author will also allow the Project to make post-production of the awarded text in other media.
The contest will commence on 11.05.2020 (Tuesday) and the stories should be submitted no later than 11.06.2021 (Friday) by 16:00 h.
After receiving the journalist products, a Committee composed of two journalists and a green economy expert will evaluate and select the best story that will receive a monetary reward in the gross amount of 1,500 (one thousand five hundred) euros in Lek counter-value, which will be paid after the publication of the awarded story in print media.
From a technical point of view, the author of the story should pay attention to the following elements:
- Font size: 12
- Font: Times New Roman
- Text length: up to 100 computer lines
The Committee will evaluate the received stories according to the following criteria:
- Research methodology (to explain the research concept that is to explain the topic, sources from which data are collected, reporter’s tools used in the work)
- Writing style
- Relevance of the topic
- Adherence to journalistic and ethical standards (presence of facts, accuracy, and credibility of presented information/data)
The application form ENG|ALB for the contest together with the prepared best practice example of the green economy concept should be sent in the electronic form to the following address: [email protected] no later than the specified date 11.06.2021 until 16:00h. All products that will arrive after the specified deadline will not be subject to evaluation and will be disqualified.
About the project:
The Networking and Advocacy for Green Economy is a three-year project launched in April 2018, implemented by 7 partner organizations from the Balkan of which one is from an EU country: Albanian Network for Rural Development, Rural Development Network of NM, Network for Rural Development in BiH, Network of Organizations for Rural Development of Kosovo, Network for Rural Development of Montenegro, Network for Rural Development of Serbia and Croatian Rural Development Network.
The project’s overall objective is to provide support to enhance the policy and decision-making impact of the Balkan Rural Development Network (BRDN) and its constituents, through involvement in the agricultural and rural program and policy reform processes for the introduction of the green economy concept.
The project has three specific objectives:
- Strengthening of the grassroots’ CSOs capacities in generic work, advocacy, and networking, to be able to sustain their role of agricultural and rural reform advocates, in a transparent and accountable way;
- Introduction of the concept of green economy as a unique cross-cutting entrepreneurial model for rural diversification and sustainability;
- BRDN and its constituents use evidence-based policy development and rights-based advocacy to foster the national EU CAP approximation processes and promote a green economy.
Donor: European Commission through Civil Society Facility and Media Programme 2016-2017
The project’s total budget is EUR 1,071,269.13, out of which 964,069.13 (89.99%) is EU Contribution.