VIS Albania – International Volunteering for Development
The organization VIS Albania – International Volunteering for Development is a branch of International VIS with headquarters in Rome (Italy). VIS is part of an international network of NGOs from Spain, Germany, Belgium and Austria. VIS has been and continues to be present with development projects in 50 countries around the world, in all continents. In the framework of world awareness raising toward environmental issues, beside education, VIS is orienting more and more in implementing projects that aim preserving the biodiversity (South America) and rural development (Africa and the Balkans).
The organization VIS Albania – International Volunteering for Development is present in Albania since 1995, with the opening of the country toward the rest of the world. The intervention of the organization VIS is oriented since then in supporting the Albanian children and youth. During these years, the activities have continuously changed with the aim to deal in a qualified way with an increasing number of beneficiaries.
Our mission is to lead the Albanian society towards a conscious commitment, in order to act and participate in decision making for the improvement of their lives.
Intervention sectors in Albania:
- Assistance for street children (“Empowering the policies and actions against the social marginalization of minors in Albania”)
- Vocational training (“Development program for professional training in Tirana”)
- Protection of children’s rights (“Promotion of children’s rights at a basic level”; “All different, all equal: promoting the Roma and Egyptian children’s rights at a basic level in Albania”)
- Promotion of women’s dignity (“Development program for vocational training in Tirana”)
- Rural development (“North of Albania: Project of rural development in the communes of Kelmend and Shkrel, District of Malësia e Madhe”)
- Socio-economical development (“North of Albania: Project of rural development in the communes of Kelmend and Shkrel, District of Malësia e Madhe”)
- Environment (“ESSEDRA – Environmentally Sustainable Socio-Economic Development of Rural Areas”)
- Development of tourism in mountainous areas (“Bukë, Kripë e Zemër – Processes of co-development in marginalized areas in North and South of Albania”; “ESSEDRA – Environmentally Sustainable Socio-Economic Development of Rural Areas”)
For more info: http://www.volint.it/.