CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: RURAL YOUTH HUB COORDINATOR
Deadline 10 February 2022
CALL FOR A RURAL YOUTH HUB COORDINATOR
Albanian Network for Rural Development (ANRD) is looking for a young professional who is enthusiast and passionate to work as Coordinator in strategically leading and empowering the Rural Youth Hub to bring about the change and make a difference to rural communities in Albania.
The Albanian Network for Rural Development is a genuine initiative of civil society that seeks to contribute to the development of rural communities by taking up an active role in the processes and reforms of the rural development sector. To this end, ANRD is trying to build an active and inclusive national rural agenda including gender equality, rural youth civic engagement, community-led local development, family farming, agri-tourism, sustainable agriculture, smart villages etc.
Established on the 11th December 2015, ANRD is a membership organization currently encompassing 30 member organizations with long standing experiences and consolidated profiles in important activities of rural development. They share the same vision and have agreed to jointly work to advance the interests and priorities of rural stakeholders toward sustainable rural development.
About Rural Youth Hub
Rural youth represents a key thematic area of ANRD work. End of 2019 ANRD has launched the Rural Youth Hub that involves rural young people, enthusiasts, students, entrepreneurs, farmers who are motivated to play an active role and contribute to rural development processes and decision-making. The hub – a youth activism platform – will enable rural youth to exercise their ‘voice’ and influence rural decision-making, to make such processes youth oriented and closely linked with the current needs and interests of rural youth.
‘Rural You. Rural Albanian Youth’ project is funded by the EU and being implemented by Volontary nel Mondo RTM, in partnership with ADAD Malore, AgroPuka, Partnership for Development Foundation, Albanian Network for Rural Development and Italian Association of Young Agricultural Entrepreneurs. The project aims to promote the interest, representation, and contribution of rural youth in the implementation of Albania’s EU accession agenda in the sector of agriculture and rural development. The intervention strategy is based on three groups of activities:
- Rising rural youth’ AWARENESS towards the importance of their role in the sector of agriculture in Albania;
- Rural youth ACTIVISM, inclusion and empowerment in the field of sustainable development of rural areas;
- NETWORKING through the consolidation of the ANRD Rural Youth Hub as a pilot platform to engage young people living on remote rural areas in networking for improvement of the living conditions in rural areas.
ANRD is looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of RYH Coordinator of the project ‘Rural You. Rural Albanian Youth’.
Under the supervision of ANRD National Coordinator, the Rural Youth Hub Coordinator will be responsible for the third cluster of activities focusing on networking rural youth and consolidation of Rural Youth Hub. The expected result is that Rural Youth Hub is a formal platform and represents a unique opportunity for rural youth to engage in rural development processes, to represent their interests, and to influence policies and decision-making at the local, national and EU levels.
Rural Youth Hub Coordinator will be in charge of leading the consolidation process of Rural Youth Hub as a platform to engage young people living in remote rural areas in networking actions and the policy dialogue. Rural Youth Hub Coordinator will implement planned activities under the third cluster of networking and should contribute with valuable inputs to communication and visibility activities at national as well as regional level. He/she should be able to create close professional relations with all RYH members, motivate and empower them to be the change and make a difference to rural communities in Albania.
Specific tasks of Rural Youth Hub Coordinator:
- Support further consolidation of RYH through his/her commitment and dedication and enthusiasm and be able to develop a broad network of enthusiast young people and other collaborators;
- Support day to day planning and provide inputs to project activities, communication and visibility materials and outputs;
- Develop and maintain working relationship with a wide range of stakeholders, public and non-public who can assist in the consolidation of the Hub and implementing envisaged youth networking and advocacy activities;
- Assist in the preparation of progress and financial reports throughout the project implementation to ensure accurate information of the project when required;
- Provide inputs to briefs, newsletter, presentations, new project proposals, work plans;
- Conduct desk research, collect and analyse information and prepare documents;
- Implement administrative tasks and processes and maintain project documentation electronically and physical folder;
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required for a successful implementation of the project.
- University degree in social sciences, agriculture and rural development, or a related field;
- A minimum of one year of relevant professional work experience in implementation of project focusing on youth, sustainable development etc.;
- Knowledge of rural and agriculture issues, in particular rural youth;
- Training experiences in project cycle management is an advantage;
- Proficiency in English (verbal/written).
Application and Deadline
If excited by this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application, including your curriculum vitae and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the position.
In addition, list at least two references, including their name, job title, organisation/institution, and contact information, who can attest to your qualifications to perform the job you are applying for.
We offer full-time employment for 1 year. The contract includes a probationary period of three months and is renewable every year.
We would like the preferred candidate to join the IDM Team by mid-February 2022.
Please send your application to [email protected] by 10 February 2022 with ‘Rural Youth Hub Coordinator” in the subject line.
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.