Join our team!
Albanian Network for Rural Development (ANRD) is looking for an experienced Project Coordinator who is passionate about sustainable rural development, empowering local communities and improving the wellbeing of local communities in Albania.
The Albanian Network for Rural Development is a genuine initiative of civil society that seeks to contribute to the development of rural communities by taking up an active role in the processes and reforms of the rural development sector. To this end, ANRD is trying to build an active and inclusive national rural agenda including gender equality, rural youth civic engagement, community-led local development, family farming, agri-tourism, sustainable agriculture, smart villages etc.
Established on the 11th December 2015, ANRD is a membership organization currently encompassing 30 member organizations with long standing experiences and consolidated profiles in important activities of rural development. They share the same vision and have agreed to jointly work to advance the interests and priorities of rural stakeholders toward sustainable rural development.
The project coordinator will perform the following duties:
- Ensure successful implementation of project activities that are relevant under the Project and outlined in the Project contract. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the achievement of project goals by implementing activities in a timely manner within the budget requirements;
- Support the development and implementation of project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) tools to track project success;
- Manage project management documents such as the project plan, budget, schedule or scope statement, as directed by the project manager.
- Build and maintain clear and effective communications with project beneficiaries, partners and donor representatives. Prepare correspondence and communication with Project partners, service providers, experts, interpreters, and other relevant counterparts;
- Promote project successes and good practices by preparing different informative/promotional materials for web and social media;
- Prepare project reports, briefings, papers, documents and presentations as input to various organizational processes;
- Provide administrative and logistics support to the organization of the project activities;
- Assist in procurement processes for goods and services or other procurement actions foreseen in the project;
- Participate in meetings, conferences, study visits, and workshops in Albania and abroad, when required;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and abilities:
- University degree in social sciences, agriculture and rural development, or a related field;
- A minimum of 5 years (extensive) experience in coordinating the implementation of different projects applying locally led, bottom-up approach to local development
- Previous experience in project management dealing with sustainable development, advocacy initiatives, gender equality, youth empowerment;
- Knowledge of rural development policy and strategic framework and recent development in the sector;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English including the ability of preparing official documents and reports;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Organizational and analytical skills;
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the mission of the ANRD.
Application and deadline:
Please send your application, including your curriculum vitae and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the position.
Please send your application to [email protected] by 6 July 2022 with ‘Project Coordinator’ in the subject line.
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.