The main purposes of BAI are to conduct research in the field of agricultural biology and food systems, taking into consideration nutrition, environmental and socio – economic aspects; to develop an extension service for farmers, entrepreneurs and public extension service network; to promote knowledge and exchange information among interested individuals or institutions, and collaboration between producers, processors and consumers; to promote education on organic and food agricultural systems in universities, high schools, agricultural schools of all levels and at other educational institutions.
Agricultural Biological Institute offers the following services:
- Results from research in farms conducted by the Institute;
- Counseling for bio and integrated agricultural operators;
- Training of agricultural specialists and farmers;
- Implementation of projects offered by various donors;
- Publications in the field of sustainable agriculture;
- Prognosis – leading alert on main diseases and pests of agriculture.