Join our team!
ANRD team is growing. We are hiring a Project Manager and Project Officer for our regional project!
The Albanian Network for Rural Development is a genuine initiative of civil society that seeks to contribute to the development of rural communities by taking up an active role in the processes and reforms of the rural development sector. Established on the 11th December 2015, ANRD is a membership organization currently encompassing 30 member organizations with long standing experiences and consolidated profiles in important activities of rural development.
The Regional Project ‘Farm to Fork Academy for Green Western Balkans – Our shared European future’ focuses on strengthening the contribution of civil society actors across WB-6 in the implementation of the EU integration and approximation process in the six Western Balkan countries (WB-6) in the agricultural and rural development sector through advancing the green and just transition in the region. The action intends to create a better environment for CSOs and CSO Networks to proactively contribute to addressing societal challenges related to climate changes and biodiversity losses through building competencies able to assist farming and rural communities toward green and just transition across the region, and at the same time to sustain participatory and constructive policy dialogue to accelerate the alignment with the EU Green Deal and F2F Strategy.
The project partners – the family of National Rural Development Networks (NRDNs) in the WB-6 and Croatia and their regional cooperation platform Balkan Network for Rural Development (BRDN) are leading the way in tackling today’s critical issues concerning sustainable rural development. The genuine civil society networks support the formulation and implementation of agriculture and rural development policies at national and regional level in the light of the principles that guide the European integration processes of the region. The proposed action reflects the project partners’ shared vision in contributing in the implementation of the EU integration and approximation process in the WB in agricultural and rural development sector. The project partners are aware of the important role of civil society sector (CSOs and CSO Networks) in the region in addressing societal challenges, whereas they have limited capacities toward contributing to long-term social and economic transformation of the region.
Albanian Network for Rural Development will lead the implementation of the project jointly with other NRDNs in WB-6 which are responsible for the successful implementation of the project in their respective countries.
Project Manager for the EU funded Regional Project – Farm to Fork Academy for Green Western Balkans – Our shared European future!
Under the guidance of the Project Director, the Project Manager will be responsible for the for the independent implementation of the four-year regional project including the following:
- Ensure day-to-day management and operation of the action in compliance with the project contract and other partnership agreements agreed with project partners to ensure its successful implementation;
- Development of project’s outputs and their delivery on time and within the stipulated scope and budget;
- Project budget management and monitoring;
- Keep regular internal and external communication with project’s stakeholders including partners, donor, target groups and beneficiaries;
- Facilitate and support the coordination between consortium members, providing orientation to all team members leading the planning and implementation of work packages;
- Oversee and manage the work of National Coordinators in other WB countries and other team members at ANRD;
- Monitor project performance through planning and tracking the progress of the implementation;
- Prepare reports, interim and final, as well as status reports;
- Contribute to advocacy of the NRDNS in relevant national and European institutions;
- Perform risk management analysis throughout the project implementation.
- Ensure and maintain a comprehensive project documentation;
- Represent the project consortium in a variety of events at all levels, national, regional and European level;
- Provide the Project Director with timely updates on the progress of the project implementation.
Qualifications and abilities
Applicants shall have the following qualifications:
- Master degree in political and social science, international relations, public or business
management, or other relevant fields;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in similar positions and level of responsibility;
- Proven track record of EU-funded Project’s implementation dealing with sustainable development, civil society development, green economy, advocacy etc,
- Excellent verbal and written command of English including the ability of preparing official documents and reports;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of rural development political and strategic framework and recent development in the sector; Knowledge of EU policies and institutions is highly desirable;
- Organizational and analytical skills; being organized and structured, able to follow several tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Willing to travel within and outside Albania and WB region.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the mission of the ANRD.
Application and deadline
ANRD offers full-time position with one year contract with a possibility of extension up to four years
Please send your application, including a cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the position, curriculum vitae, copy of the diploma, three references and their contact information to [email protected] by 15 January 2023 with ‘Project Manager” in the subject line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.