Join our team!
ANRD team is growing. We are hiring a Project Manager and Project Officer for our regional project!
The Albanian Network for Rural Development is a genuine initiative of civil society that seeks to contribute to the development of rural communities by taking up an active role in the processes and reforms of the rural development sector. Established on the 11th December 2015, ANRD is a membership organization currently encompassing 30 member organizations with long standing experiences and consolidated profiles in important activities of rural development.
The Regional Project ‘Farm to Fork Academy for Green Western Balkans – Our shared European future’ focuses on strengthening the contribution of civil society actors across WB-6 in the implementation of the EU integration and approximation process in the six Western Balkan countries (WB-6) in the agricultural and rural development sector through advancing the green and just transition in the region. The action intends to create a better environment for CSOs and CSO Networks to proactively contribute to addressing societal challenges related to climate changes and biodiversity losses through building competencies able to assist farming and rural communities toward green and just transition across the region, and at the same time to sustain participatory and constructive policy dialogue to accelerate the alignment with the EU Green Deal and F2F Strategy.
The project partners – the family of National Rural Development Networks (NRDNs) in the WB-6 and Croatia and their regional cooperation platform Balkan Network for Rural Development (BRDN) are leading the way in tackling today’s critical issues concerning sustainable rural development. The genuine civil society networks support the formulation and implementation of agriculture and rural development policies at national and regional level in the light of the principles that guide the European integration processes of the region. The proposed action reflects the project partners’ shared vision in contributing in the implementation of the EU integration and approximation process in the WB in agricultural and rural development sector. The project partners are aware of the important role of civil society sector (CSOs and CSO Networks) in the region in addressing societal challenges, whereas they have limited capacities toward contributing to long-term social and economic transformation of the region.
Albanian Network for Rural Development will lead the implementation of the project jointly with other NRDNs in WB-6 which are responsible for the successful implementation of the project in their respective countries.
Project Officer for the EU funded Regional Project – Farm to Fork Academy for Green Western Balkans – Our shared European future!
The project Officer undertakes secretariat and administrative activities to support efficient implementation of the project. The working position involves a full range of project management tasks for the Farm to Fork Academy Project. He/she will undertake project planning and implementation activities, providing support to the Project Manager, and coordinating with ANRD finance and other project partners on administrative and procurement processes.
Under the guidance of the Project Manager, the Project Officer will be responsible for the following main tasks:
- The Project Officer will support the Project Manager in the achievement of project objectives including the responsibilities of general management and project administration toward efficient implementation of the project activities;
- Prepare briefings, papers, documents and presentations as input to various organizational processes;
- Providing administrative and logistics support to the organization of the project activities;
- Assist in procurement processes for goods and services or other procurement actions foreseen in the project;
- Draft routine correspondence and communication with Project partners, service providers, experts, interpreters, and other relevant counterparts;
- Participate in project partners’ meetings, conferences, study visits, and workshops in Albania, and other WB countries when required;
- Build and maintain relationships and networks with the Project’s stakeholders in Albania and other WB countries as needed;
- Support the development and implementation of project monitoring tools;
- Perform any other duties related to the implementation of the Project.
Qualifications and abilities
Applicants shall have the following qualifications:
- Master degree in relevant discipline, such as political and social science, international relations or other related field;
- A minimum of three years of experience in Project’s implementation and management;
- Previous experience in EU-funded Projects dealing with rural development, civil advocacy, green economy will be an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English including the ability of preparing official documents and reports;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of rural development political and strategic framework and recent development in the sector; Knowledge of EU policies and institutions is desirable;
- Familiarity with the most relevant software programmes (word, excel, outlook, internet, power point);
- Organizational and analytical skills;
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the mission of the ANRD.
Application and deadline
ANRD offers full-time position with one year contract with a possibility of extension up to four years
Please send your application, including a cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the position, curriculum vitae, copy of the diploma, three references and their contact information to [email protected] by 15 January 2023 with ‘Project Officer” in the subject line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.