Join our team!
ANRD team is growing. We are hiring a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for our regional project!
The Albanian Network for Rural Development is a genuine initiative of civil society that seeks to contribute to the development of rural communities by taking up an active role in the processes and reforms of the rural development sector. Established on the 11th December 2015, ANRD is a membership organization currently encompassing 30 member organizations with long standing experiences and consolidated profiles in important activities of rural development.
The Regional Project ‘Farm to Fork Academy for Green Western Balkans – Our shared European future’ focuses on strengthening the contribution of civil society actors across WB-6 in the implementation of the EU integration and approximation process in the six Western Balkan countries (WB-6) in the agricultural and rural development sector through advancing the green and just transition in the region. The action intends to create a better environment for CSOs and CSO Networks to proactively contribute to addressing societal challenges related to climate changes and biodiversity losses through building competencies able to assist farming and rural communities toward green and just transition across the region, and at the same time to sustain participatory and constructive policy dialogue to accelerate the alignment with the EU Green Deal and F2F Strategy.
The project partners – the family of National Rural Development Networks (NRDNs) in the WB-6 and Croatia and their regional cooperation platform Balkan Network for Rural Development (BRDN) are leading the way in tackling today’s critical issues concerning sustainable rural development. The genuine civil society networks support the formulation and implementation of agriculture and rural development policies at national and regional level in the light of the principles that guide the European integration processes of the region. The proposed action reflects the project partners’ shared vision in contributing in the implementation of the EU integration and approximation process in the WB in agricultural and rural development sector. The project partners are aware of the important role of civil society sector (CSOs and CSO Networks) in the region in addressing societal challenges, whereas they have limited capacities toward contributing to long-term social and economic transformation of the region.
Albanian Network for Rural Development will lead the implementation of the project jointly with other NRDNs in WB-6 which are responsible for the successful implementation of the project in their respective countries.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer for the EU funded Regional Project – Farm to Fork Academy for Green Western Balkans – Our shared European future!
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the M&E framework of the project, including monitoring and evaluation methodology, instruments, data gathering process and producing final reports. This role will be of crucial importance in developing a systematic monitoring framework toward ensuring the qualitative and quantitative evidence collected by the project. The role will have a particular importance for the success of the project as it will set frame for performance indicators and their measurement.
Under the guidance and supervision of Project Manager, the M&E Officer will be responsible for the following main tasks:
- Contribute to the revision of project Log frame matrix, focusing on the performance indicators and their measurement;
- Develop the Performance Monitoring Framework and Plan including the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, instruments, data gathering process and producing the quarterly and final reports.
- Draft the Monitoring & Evaluation Plan, in line with the project impact indicators and Performance Monitoring Framework in order to measure the performance of project implementation activities during (formative) and at completion of the action (summative).
- Draft the M&E Plan for each recipient of the F2F Academy Fund based on the specific objectives, results and activities of each funded initiatives.
- Design the means of verification at activity level to ensure the proper project documentation.
- Observe and ensure the high- quality and timely inputs among the F2F Academy project’s partners in order to maintain the strategic vision and fulfilment of project achievements, intended outputs.
- Provide overall technical support and quality assurance for monitoring and evaluation of F2F Academy project in accordance to the impact indicators.
- Perform the baseline surveys/ assessment by collecting indicator data`s to impact and outcome level for the project activities.
- Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of F2F Academy project implementation, suggesting improvements and revisions needed on the PMF/MEP to the management team.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Perform other duties as may be required during the implementation of the F2F Academy project.
Qualifications and abilities
Applicants shall have the following qualifications:
- University degree in relevant discipline, such as public policy, statistics, demographics, international development, economics or another related field.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in Project’s monitoring and evaluation processes;
- Experience in designing and implementing project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages;
- Knowledge of the evaluation methodologies and data collection and analysis methodologies;
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Organizational and analytical skills;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English including the ability of preparing official documents and reports;
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the mission of the ANRD.
Application and deadline
ANRD offers Part – Time (30% of working time) with one year contract with a possibility of extension up to four year
Please send your application, including a cover letter expressing your letter of interest and suitability for the position, curriculum vitae, three references and their contact information to [email protected] by 10 February 2023 with ‘Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.