January 15, 2020, 2:00 pm
Location: EU HOUSE, Tirana
Albanian Network for Rural Development (ANRD) is pleased to invite you to the Round Table Discussion: European Agenda for Agriculture and Rural Development in Albania: Progress and Future Challenges, to be organized on Wednesday, 15 January 2020, 2:00 pm at the premises of the EU House. The Discussion aims to share the findings and recommendations of the civic Monitoring Report on National Plan for European Integration (NPIE)| Chapter 11, Agriculture and Rural Development.
The key questions the Round table will address are the following:
- How is the process of EU integration and SAA fulfillments related to agriculture and rural development?
- Has the government followed the right changes in the context of EU alignment in terms of institutional and Administrative Framework to Ensure Enforcement (existing or newly created government authorities or other institutions responsible for the application of various policies) and relevant administrative structures, resources, decision-making, reporting mechanisms (systems of checks and balances) and participation mechanism in the decision-making process?
- What is the main cause for not achieving the planed legal/institutional measure?
- What are the main challenges for the implementation legal/institutional measure?
- Which are the major challenges for agriculture and rural development in the future in the context of EU integration?
The NPIE Monitoring Report, Chapter 11 Agriculture and Rural Development, is a reflection of the efforts of the ANRD and its constituents in monitoring and analyses of agricultural and rural development policies as well as encouraging public participation in the in the process of accession negotiation between Albania and the EU.
This monitoring exercise of the effectiveness of the Albanian government’s efforts and work in the implementation of its commitments toward EU integration will open avenues for citizens’ participation and contribution to the reform process in agriculture and rural development in Albania in approximating EU policy of rural development.
We look forward seeing you there!
*This activity is organized in the frame of “Consolidating the role of Albanian Network for Rural Development toward a functional model of bottom-up and participatory perspective in national rural agenda” project, supported by the European Union and implemented by ANRD member organizations – Institute for Democracy and Mediation, AGRINET and AGROPuka.